4th Trimester Series
The 4th trimester is a term used to describe the time immediately following birth to 12 weeks of age. This is a time of rapid changes in growth and development for baby but also for the mother/birther/primary parent in the transition to parenthood.
This 6-week series is designed to provide a safe, non-judgmental space to explore the challenges and joys of life with a newborn. With a focus on mental health and infant-parent attachment, this series will help you better understand yourself and your baby while connecting with others at a similar stage in their parenting journey.
Weekly topics include sharing your birth or adoption story, the neuroscience of attachment and infant brain development, normal newborn behaviour including feeding and sleeping patterns, postpartum mental health and mood disorders, navigating changing relationships, as well as nourishment for you and your healing body.
Every new addition to your family brings with it a new parenting experience, so this series is applicable to all!
WHAT YOU GET:
- 6 weeks of program instruction, live & interactive
- An experienced perinatal & materntal mental health educator facilitating the series. Weekly check-ins and Q&A to answer and support all your questions surrounding Motherhood.
- WhatsApp group for conversations, connections and sharing of resources outside of class time.
- Welcome Gift
- $10 Serenity Babyshop gift card
- Friday’s @ 1:00pm-2:00pm
- + open time following class to get to know your group!
- Serenity Birth Studio, 4 Alliance Blvd., Unit 10, Barrie
- $159 +hst
Hi! I’m Emma, a certified perinatal mental health professional (PMH-C) with nearly two decades of experience supporting pregnant & postpartum people, and their families. I am in the process of completing a Masters of Arts in Counselling Psychology and look forward to offering counselling services in the very near future!
My passion is supporting parents in making informed decisions about themselves and their families, with kindness, patience, and without judgement. I help parents navigate the waters of new parenthood and the early years by fostering connection and secure attachment through up to date, evidence-based education and support.
I am a mama to two busy boys, and a lover of trail running, Canadian fiction, and coffee.