Small Group or Private
Our “Preparing for Birth” prenatal classes will provide you with a wealth of information about pregnancy, labor, birth, postpartum, breastfeeding and baby care to support you in actively participating in your birth. Birth partners will be provided with a variety of techniques to support you during childbirth as having an educated & prepared support person is vital to your overall experience.
We will cover everything from stages of labour, coping techniques, caring for a newborn and infant feeding. The goal of this course is to prepare expectant parents by providing evidence-based information and support to ensure that, regardless of where or how you choose to give birth, you feel confident and prepared.
Plan to start your series anytime after your first trimester. Ideally 8 weeks prior to your due date.
GROUP CLASS LOCATION:
- Serenity Birth Studio, 4 Alliance Blvd, Unit 10, Barrie, ON
Options to join in person or virtual via Zoom Meeting
PRIVATE CLASS LOCATION:
- In your home or at Serenity Birth Studio
To best meet your needs and schedules we offer to options to join us, weekend or weeknight:
- SATURDAY’S @ 9:00am-5:00pm (with breaks), a 1-day class
- MONDAY’S @ 6:30-9:00pm (3 week series)
Click “view upcoming dates” button for our schedule.
- GROUP PRENATAL: $249 +hst
- PRIVATE PRENATAL: $375 +hst
Cost includes pregnant person + 1 birth partner, unlimited virtual access to our detailed class handouts & resources.
“Preparing for Birth” PROGRAM OVERVIEW
- Birth and You
- Mechanics of Birth
- Stages of Labour
- Comfort Measures
- Connecting With Baby
- Birth Plan: Communication and Informed Consent
- Baby’s Positions
- Cesarean Birth
- Pushing, Placenta and Immediate Postpartum
- Baby Care Plan: Feeding and Healing
- Perinatal Mental Health